New Poetry Project 2.0


Last fall, I published eight new poems here at Modern Confessional and across my social media platforms. Thousands of people read those poems, so it was a no-brainer to bring the project back again this fall. Starting next Saturday, Oct. 14, I will post the first of four poems here and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to launch New Poetry Project 2.0. There will be another poem before the end of October and two more in November. I'm excited to share this new work with you!

I have had the good fortune to have many of my new poems appear in some fantastic journals this year, including The Cortland Review, Foglifter, Impossible Archetype, VerseWrights, and forthcoming in Diode. New work is also forthcoming in the Reading Queer anthology. I have additional new work out for submission as I write this, so I'm looking forward (fingers crossed) to a few more acceptances by year's end. 

I've also completed a new chapbook manuscript, which I hope will be out by 2019. This chapbook collects all of the poems inspired by my journeys to London and the UK over the past two decades. I'm quite proud of how all the poems fit neatly together to create a narrative arc of longing and desire – not just for the place, but for the people I've met along the way. 

Sadly, not enough people signed up to make the poetry workshop at the Decatur Writing Studio viable. We plan to offer a one-day intensive in the near future to, hopefully, whet people's appetite for a longer, more in-depth workshop next year. Stay tuned for details.

Also coming up: the annual Voices Carry reading will be held Thursday, Nov. 16, at 7:15 p.m. at the Decatur Library. The line-up of poets will be announced very soon, but I can tell you that the fabulous Cecilia Woloch will be back. Mark your calendars!

Comments

Popular Posts